Monday, September 7, 2009

Silly Ironies


I realized before I started this blog that the name is misleading. I figured it didn't matter. For now, it doesn't have enough content for someone to stumble upon it mistakenly and get the wrong idea. However, I owe an explanation as to the origin of the name and why I choose not to give it up... even now that my husband has pointed out the overwhelming irony in that the very first recipe I posted does, in fact, have chicken in it.

The word "wussless" (provided that's a word at all) could, in this case, stand in for the word "chickenless" (which I know is not a word). I imagine you've figured that one out already. But there's a second meaning. You know the classic phrase, "It tastes like chicken"? Means, "It tastes generic" or "It tastes like nothing." So although I do use chicken in the literal sense, to say that a dish is metaphorically "chickenless" might suggest uniqueness and pizazz. Might. If you look at it in a certain way. A certain really nerdy way.

I'm going to level with you guys. My husband is the smooth talker in the family. I love and admire him for attempting to untangle the used dental floss ball of my thoughts, but I could never be the type who says stuff just to be understood.

That aside, I am at heart a people person. I crave the energy of being part of a community who shares my goals and feelings. So no matter how awkward this gets, I'd like to express myself the way that... well, the way that I express myself. I mean, it's my blog. If you don't get it, or if you do get it and you don't like it, then what are you doing here? Bugger off.


Beat the eggs. Whip the cream. Show no mercy.


2 comments:

Mae said...

Ahh, now I understand! I, too was curious about the title, though I knew from your recipes that it was not to be taken literally.

Clever!

Floor Heating Spokane Valley said...

Great reading thiis