Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baffling Ingredient: Wheat Germ


Now, before you go making a million comments like, "Put it in yogurt" or "Sprinkle it on your cereal..." Well, that's about it. Otherwise, I invite you to go nuts. Because I may toot my own horn about being some uber-creative kitchen diva, but I am really stumped when it comes to wheat germ.

Not to be outdone by an inanimate jar of food product (no matter how excellent a source of Vitamin E and Folic acid it may be), I will post at least one recipe containing wheat germ by Tuesday of next week... and it may be yours! Please feel free to email me or leave a link in the comments. If I end up using your recipe, I will of course credit you and provide a link to your site if you have one. I'm sure all fourteen of my followers will happily pay you a visit ;)

On the subject of having fourteen followers, if no one has a suggestion, I will come up with a Chickenless Chick Original Recipe. But I can't be held responsible if it turns your complexion green to read it. If it's gross, well then, you should have helped me out!


Beat the eggs. Whip the cream. Show no mercy.


5 comments:

Sunshine Mom said...

What a great idea! I use wheat germ in pancakes, bread, muffins, granola bars. Here is my favorite use--

http://sunshinemom.blogspot.com/2009/08/back-to-school-granola-bars.html

Nicole said...

haha I would have been one of those million comments saying "sprinkle it in your yogurt". Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Tasty Trix said...

I usually love to be of help ... but I am drawing a blank!

Mae said...

"Baffling Ingredient" should be a reoccurring segment on your blog (if it's not already, I may not have looked thoroughly enough???) I love it!

-  Peas Love Carrots

The Chickenless Chick said...

SSSSSSHHHHH... it's going to be a recurring segment ;) My blog is still pretty new, so I'm trying out some things to see how people react. Bottom line: I want to do whatever helps people the most. Even if I am not a five-star chef of European heritage, I want this blog to help people decide what's for dinner. Chickenless Cook of the Week will recur no matter what- I can't keep from promoting people whose culinary adventures excite and inspire me, even if most cooks aren't crazy enough to get anything out of it. Baffling Ingredient is a feature that may or may not catch on. And yet another feature is soon to be introduced, so keep your eyes peeled!